Sunday, April 27, 2008

Finished!

Ok I know I just posted about my craftiness but, here is another one for you!
I started working on a Scherenschnitte (fancy word for paper cutouts!) inspired by Jill again. I sure talk about her a lot for having never met the girl! I'm such a lurker!
Her cityscapes were so amazing that I had to try one and here it is, the best city on Earth complete with Coit Tower, Transamerica building, the Bank of America building, Alcatraz, Sutro tower and rolling fog. I was so proud until I got it in the frame and realized it looked like a 3 year old had cut it!! Gah! But what can you do right? :) 

5 comments:

Chelsea and Tyson said...

Oh that's so cool. I would like to do that but I don't think I would have the patients to cut out all the little pieces :)

Mamawat said...

It looks fantastic! I would love to try it myself. I got into paper cutting a few years ago, but never anything that complex. Good job, Rachel! (Did I say that right?)

homemade by jill said...

great job! I love San Francisco - I've only been there once (for my honeymoon) but it is a beautiful city, and I definately recognize some of those buildings.

Albright said...

Rachel! That is totally awesome! How on earth did you do that!?!?! You need to stop being crafty without me!

coryshay said...

Dude! First of all, nice job on the paper cutting... that is something I haven't tried yet, and secondly I'm totally with you... I talk about Jill all the time like I know her too, but you are cool because she left a comment on your blog... If only I could be cool like that! Congrats!